This position would suit a carpenter experienced in all areas of construction. Must be confident in plan reading, Building and levels set out, and familiar with advanced carpentry tools such as Festool track saws laser levels, etc. The goal is high-quality work from footings to handover.
1. Building set out and supervise excavators to construct concrete footings
2. Cut and place steel for strip footings and supervise concert pours
3. Construct retaining walls
4. Excavate and install concrete stumps
5. ALL aspects of timber framing
6. Lightweight steel framing
7. Lock up carpentry: wall straightening, wall and ceiling battens, eaves, and lightweight weight cladding
8. Install windows and doors
9. Fixing and fit out: doors/jambs, skirt/architraves, robe fit-outs, install bathroom fixtures such as towel rails and timber flooring and tile underlay
10. Timber and synthetic decking, balustrade systems
11. Assist and occasionally help to coordinate subcontractors
12. Delegate less skilled tasks and labour-type tasks such as unloading trucks moving/stacking material and site cleaning to junior carpenters or apprentices.
13. Your direct report will be the project manager/builder you will not be expected to deal directly with clients.
Personal protective equipment must be supplied/carried at all times, as a minimum, you must always carry eye and ear protection AT ALL TIMES. Your eyes and ears are yours for life, look after them! This also is important to set a good example for younger staff.
Drugs, alcohol, and Tobacco are NOT PERMITTED on site at any time
Most importantly at all times, you must adhere to the WH&S policy set out in the induction that you’ll be asked to sign upon commencement. And in doing so, set a good example to younger staff and subcontractors working on site. If you see something unsafe, SPEAK UP! And lastly, BE ON TIME, we start and finish as a team